In preparation for its upcoming Nintendo Switch release, THQ Nordic recently announced Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition, a rerelease of the original Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams containing all existing DLC, and all new content.
For those who haven’t played, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams has players follow Giana as she travels her way through detailed 3D environments. The gameplay is akin to classic 2D platformers, but with a ‘twist.’ Giana has two versions of herself, the standard ‘cute’ version, and a ‘punk’ version. Players will transform Giana between both versions at the press of a button, with each form providing different ways of navigating the landscape. For example, while ‘cute’ Giana can gracefully hop over obstacles, her ‘punk’ version will smash through blocks and jump up walls.
Some key features from THQ Nordic includes:
- Impressive abilities: Negotiate tricky level design by wall-running, vaulting and smashing your way through the world, ignoring gravity in the process
- Intuitive and precise controls: Giana’s powers are numerous, but slick controls enable you to master her skills and pull off expert-level manoeuvres with ease
- Jaw-dropping worlds: Fantastical, transforming 2D worlds drawn in sumptuous 3D come to life on Nintendo Switch
- Explore and discover: Pick apart 40 thrilling, secret-filled levels brimming with challenges and surprises
- Innovative gadgets: Navigate evolving landscapes by utilizing everything around you – fly with bubble gum bubbles, bounce on springs and supercharge your sprints via conveyor belts
- Epic boss battles: Push yourself to the limits as you battle gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s worst nightmares
What do you think of the Owltimate Edition? I’ve never played these games before, but I’m a huge sucker for 2D platformer games. The mechanics seem interesting, so it may be worth giving it a try. Anyway, let us know what you think of the Switch port, or chime in on your experience with the game in the comments below!