Nintendo recently partnered with the Tailgate Tour to bring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to colleges this fall.
As a lead up to the December 7 launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Nintendo will be partnering with Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour, the “largest traveling fan experience in college football,” to bring the game to notable football events across the country. Beginning with the September 22nd Stanford @ Oregon game, Wendy’s Tailgate Tour will bring many fans new rivalries outside the stadium.
According to Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Doug Bowser, “Many of our biggest fans are now in college and have memories growing up playing one of the games in the Super Smash Bros. series. We want to bring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate directly to longtime and first-time players, and what better way than to combine two of college students’ favorite pastimes: video games and football.”
The full schedule of events can be seen below:
- Sept. 22 – Stanford @ Oregon
- Oct. 6 – Alabama @ Arkansas
- Oct. 13 – Wisconsin @ Michigan
- Oct. 20 – Oklahoma @ TCU
- Oct. 27 – Clemson @ FSU
- Nov. 3 – South Carolina @ Ole Miss
- Nov. 10 – TCU @ West Virginia
- Nov. 17 – Miami @ Virginia Tech
- Nov. 24 – Michigan @ Ohio State
- Dec. 7 – The launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
- Jan. 1, 2019 – Teams and location to be determined
It seems Nintendo is upping their game for the latest Smash Bros game. First Best Buy and now tailgaters! What do you think of the latest marketing match-up? Think this is a great idea or a waste of time? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!